Monaca, Pa. – The Penn State Mont Alto baseball team rallied after a 6-2 loss to PSU Beaver to earn the split on Saturday with a 10-3 win in a doubleheader.
Penn State Beaver 6, Penn State Mont Alto 2 (F)
- Senior Dylan Bryan was dominant at times striking out five batters, but he was credited with giving up a season-high five earned runs.
- Penn State Beaver jumped out to a 2-0 lead in the bottom of the first inning scoring two runs on two hits and were aided by a Mont Alto fielding error. The home standing Lions added two more runs in the second and made it 6-0 after four innings.
- Penn State Mont Alto (10-22-1, 5-6 PSUAC) scored both of its runs in the top of the sixth inning. Jeremiah Younker started the action with a one-out single. Brandt Swartz pitch-ran and scored along with Brady Topper on a two-RBI hit from Joel Clabaugh.
Penn State Mont Alto 10, Penn State Beaver 3 (F)
- Penn State Mont Alto jumped out to a 1-0 lead after Jeremiah Younker earned an RBI after he reached on an error by the Beaver right fielder. PSU Beaver plated home a pair in the bottom of the inning and held a 2-1 lead going into the top of the third.
- The Lions exploded for three runs and took lead and never looked back. Tyler Martin plated home Cory Chatfield on an error by the Beaver first basemen, Jeremiah Younker had an RBI triple and Brady Topper slapped a two-out RBI single.
- PSU Beaver tied it up at 3-3 on a Jason Debo RBI single, but Mont Alto scored five runs on four hits and was aided by three errors in the top of the seventh inning. Landon Richards, Jeremiah Younker, Brady Topper and Colby Black recorded RBI's within the frame.
- Lowell Singer got the win on the mound striking out four in seven innings as he scattered seven hits to improve to 3-4 on the season.
Penn State Mont Alto concludes its regular season schedule with a nine-inning contest at Penn State New Kensington on Tuesday, April 25. Game time is slated for 3 p.m.