MEDIA, Pa. – The Penn State Mont Alto men's basketball team had its five-game win streak snapped on the road by PSU Brandywine, 92-70. Mont Alto held a 41-37 halftime lead, but the Brandywine pressure defense got to the visitors in the second half.
Inside the Box Score
- Ryan Hege (Chambersburg, Pa. / James Buchanan) established his presence in the paint and had a season-high 16 points. He shot 8-of-9 from the field and collected eight rebounds.
- Jalen Smith (Ranson, W. Va. / Jefferson) had an outstanding first half pushing Mont Alto to the lead with 15 points, but was held to just four in the second stanza. Smith had his third-straight game with a steal and had five rebounds.
- Mont Alto was red-hot from the field shooting 55.2 percent and 3-of-6 from downtown in the first half.
- The Nittany Lions were burnt again by Terrence Brown who went off for 26 points, after scoring 36 points for Brandywine in the previous meeting between the teams.
How it Happened
- Brandywine held an early lead, but Mont Alto was sparked by an 11-0 run that pushed them ahead, 27-21 on a Jalen Smith (Ranson, W. Va. / Jefferson) 3-pointer.
- PSUMA carried a 41-37 lead into the halftime break thanks to ending the period on a 14-12 run.
- Mont Alto kept it close in the first half forcing 13 turnovers.
- Brandywine pulled away a couple of minutes into the second half, outscoring Mont Alto 24-7.
- Mont Alto closed the game making back-to-back 3-pointers from Anthony F. Davis (Prince George's County, Md. / Bowie) and John Link (Hedgesville, W. Va. / Hedgesville) for the final margin, 70-92.
- Brandywine held a 48-33 edge on the boards.
Penn State Mont Alto (11-8, 5-6 PSUAC) return home to host PSU Wilkes-Barre on Friday, February 2. Game time is slated for 8 p.m.