HAZLETON, Pa. – Penn State Hazleton's offense shot 40 percent from three-point land to power its offensive attack in a PSUAC matchup defeating Mont Alto 80-64 on Monday in the regular season finale of the 2017-18 season.
Inside the Box Score
- Quintyn Flemister (Harrisburg, Pa. / Harrisburg) made his first colligate start and the freshman guard poured in a game-high 26 points on 10-of-14 shooting. He also grabbed seven rebounds and three steals.
- Flemister was the only player for PSUMA to score in double figures. Jihad Warner (Philadelphia, Pa. / Swenson Arts and Technology) recorded eight rebounds, two blocks, and had six points.
- Terrell Campbell (Germantown, Md. / St. John's College Prep) dished out six assists and shot 3-of-7 for six points.
- The Mont Alto bench accounted for a combined 20 points with Anthony F. Davis (Prince George's County, Md. / Bowie) finishing with five points in 12 minutes.
How it Happened
- Mont Alto led 8-2 with 15:39 left in the first half after a Spencer Meyers (Greencastle, Pa. / Greencastle Antrim) three-pointer. The six-point lead turned out to be PSUMA's largest of the game as it was relinquished two minutes later on a Nick Nowak layup, which put up Hazleton 9-8.
- PSU Hazleton locked it down the rest of the first half on the defensive end of the floor holding Mont Alto to just 34.5 percent shooting.
- Mont Alto trailed 36-28 at halftime.
- Hazleton would get hot from downtown in the second half shooting 7-of-11 to hold onto the lead throughout the second half.
- The home team brought their lead to 19 with 1:26 left in the contest.
- Hazleton had three starters finish in double figures.
- Brandon Mohammad led the way with 18 points and 12 rebounds.
- Hazleton closes the regular season with a 9-13 overall record and were 8-8 in the PSUAC.
- Penn State Mont Alto concluded its season with a 12-13 overall record and were 6-10 in conference play.