MONT ALTO, Pa. – The Penn State Mont Alto men's basketball team scored a season-high point total as they rolled for the 111-77 win over PSU DuBois on Friday evening. Prior to the game the program celebrated Senior Night with Terrell Campbell (Germantown, Md. / St. John's College Prep), Jalen Smith (Ranson, W.Va. / Jefferson), Kevin Holston (Fort Washington, Md. / Friendly) and Drew Pitzer (Bunker Hill, W.Va. / Musselman) each honored for their respective accomplishments over the course of their collegiate careers.
Inside the Box Score
- Five different players finished in double figures for Mont Alto with Jalen Smith (Ranson, W.Va. / Jefferson) leading all scorers with 32 points. He was nearly unstoppable from the floor shooting 12-of-14 and the Jefferson High product splashed 5-of-6 from downtown. He also had three dunks within the first half that got the crowd buzzing.
- Terrell Campbell (Germantown, Md. / St. John's College Prep) netted a career-high 18 points, while also dishing out eight assists and swiping eight steals.
- Drew Pitzer (Bunker Hill, W.Va. / Musselman) also had himself a day with 16 points. He shot 3-of-8 from downtown, while grabbing two offensive boards. Marcus Roper (Charles Town, W.Va. / Jefferson) scoring picked up late in the second half and he finished with 14 points, five rebounds, and four steals.
- Meanwhile, Quintyn Flemister (Harrisburg, Pa. / Harrisburg) played with high effort and scored 12 points to go along with seven rebounds.
- The game featured only one tie as Mont Alto ran away with it during the closing portion of the first half and the opening minutes of the second half.
- PSUMA shot 54.9 percent from the field. PSU DuBois was led in scoring by Dylan Huey who netted 14.
How it Happened
- Mont Alto established an early lead, but DuBois fought back to cut the deficit to 14-10 with under 14 minutes left after a Huey layup.
- PSUMA went up 29-18 after a Roper 3-pointer at the 9:28 mark. The Lions offensive attack continued to flow and forced DuBois into a timeout after a fast break layup from Terrell Campbell (Germantown, Md. / St. John's College Prep). Mont Alto was up 39-24 with 6:39 remaining in the half.
- A mini DuBois run forced a Coach Schenzel time out, but they still maintained a 48-35 lead with less than two minutes and took a 57-36 lead into the halftime break.
- Mont Alto came out on fire from downtown and went up 68-41 after a Holston fast break trey.
- An old fashioned 3-point play that was converted by John Teague (Hagerstown, Md. / North Hagerstown) put his team up 87-57. They coasted down the stretch for their 10-straight win.
Penn State Mont Alto (19-6, 16-3) will host a PSUAC Quarterfinals matchup on Tuesday, Feb. 19 with their opponent to be determined after the results of Saturday's games around the conference. Game time is set for 7 p.m. from the MAC.