MONT ALTO, Pa. - For the second time in as many days the Penn State Mont Alto men's soccer team was shutout as they fell to Christendom College 9-0 in an early season contest. The Lions fall to 0-3 to start the year as the Crusaders improved to 2-1.
Inside the Box Score
- Freshman Austin Moore (Brockway, Pa. / Brockway Area) made several sensational saves in net finishing with 18. However, he and his defenders were responsible for giving up nine goals.
- Senior Pete Day and Joe O'Reilly each tallied three goals apiece for the Crusaders.
How it Happened
- Christendom scored early in the game to stun Mont Alto as James Foeckler netted one four minutes into the contest to put his team up 1-0. Joe O'Reilly who assisted on the first goal would then net a pair of goals four minutes apart with the later occurring in the 14th minute to put the Crusaders up 3-0.
- The Crusaders peppered the net with 22 first half shots as they went into halftime with the 4-0 lead.
- The visitors deflated all Mont Alto momentum with another five goals in the second half, three of which came off the foot of Pete Day.
- The Lions were limited on the offensive end registering three of their seven shots on goal.
Mont Alto will look to turn things around when it hosts Penn State Beaver on Wednesday in the first conference match of the 2018 season. Match time is slated for 4 p.m.