TAKOMA PARK, Md. – The Penn State Mont Alto men's soccer team hit the road for a non-conference matchup at Washington Adventist on Wednesday evening. The Shock came out of the gates firing on all cylinders topping the Nittany Lions by a final score of 7-0.
Inside the Box Score
- Two goalkeepers split time for Mont Alto as Owen Gilbert (Wells Tannery, Pa. / Forbes Road) made six saves in the first half, while Ezekiel Khepper (Chambersburg, Pa. / Chambersburg Area) finished with a save in a little over 40 minutes of action.
- The Shock held a 25-2 advantage in shots including a 14-0 edge in shots on goal. Washington Adventist also had seven corner kick opportunities.
- Alex Martinez (Frederick, Md. / Governor Thomas Johnson) and Drew Faust (Chambersburg, Pa. / Chambersburg Area) each registered a shot for Mont Alto.
- Washington Adventist finished with six different goal scorers as Daniel Moreira netted a pair as Brian Reyes, Gabriel Soto, Diego Sosa, Felippe Da Silva, and Thiago Moreira also found the back of the net.
How it Happened
- Daniel Moreira put the Shock up 2-0 scoring in both the 14th and 23rd minutes of action. Washington Adventist added another two goals to pull away and build a 4-0 lead at halftime.
- The Shock scored three times in the second half.
Mont Alto returns to conference action in its next match on Saturday, October 6. The Lions are slated to travel to Penn State Wilkes-Barre with kickoff at 12 p.m.