PLEASANT HILLS, Pa. – The Penn State Mont Alto (1-9-1, 0-5-1 PSUAC) men's soccer team returned to PSUAC play with a rescheduled match from Sept. 25 against Penn State Greater Allegheny (5-2-1, 3-1-1 PSUAC). Mont Alto traveled to the Pittsburgh area and dropped a tough 2-0 affair to Greater Allegheny on Thursday evening.
Inside the Box Score
- Bryce Palamar (Smithsburg, Md. / Williamsport) once again controlled the midfield for Mont Alto and placed a shot on goal. Mont Alto managed three shots on goal out of their 11 tries.
- Sophomore Nate Hall (New Bloomfield, Pa. / West Perry) finished with a team-high five shots.
- Freshman goalkeeper Austin Moore (Brockway, Pa. / Brockway Area) stood tall in goal finishing with seven saves.
- Penn State Greater Allegheny netted a goal early in the first half and added an insurance effort early in the second half for the 2-0 win. The homestanding Lions finished with 28 shots.
How it Happened
- After a scoreless ten minutes to begin the match, Idriss Benjelloun headed in a corner kick effort by Jagesh Subba. PSUGA held on to the 1-0 lead through the halftime break.
- Penn State Greater Allegheny added its insurance effort in the 47th minute when Belmo Nurkic netted his sixth goal of the season.
Mont Alto returns to action on Saturday, Oct. 13 in its "Pink Out" game against Penn State Hazleton. Both the men and women's programs will be wearing specially designed pink jerseys and fans are encouraged to wear pink in recognition of breast cancer awareness. The men's match is slated to begin at 2 p.m. There will also be silent auction tables at the top of the hill during both matches.