Mont Alto, Pa. – The athletic department and the Penn State Mont Alto softball team celebrated Senior Day before first pitch as Brianna Glatz and Kaitlyn Whiteaker were honored for their hard work and accomplishments over the past four year. The Lions hosted Christendom College and put together one of their best performances of the season topping the Crusaders 8-1 and 2-1 in a rain shortened five-inning win.
Penn State Mont Alto 8, Christendom 1 (F)
- Alyssa Munns was impressive in the circle scattering seven hits and struck out 10 batters in the complete game win. Munns allowed the lone Christendom run in the top of the third, which gave the visitors a 1-0 lead. Rebecca Byrne slapped a base hit and scored two batters later on a Michelle Handy double to left field.
- Penn State Mont Alto (9-11, 7-11 PSUAC) exploded for six runs in the bottom of the fourth and added insurance runs in the fifth and sixth innings. The Lions produced five hits within the inning and Quinlan Mclaughlin, Cassidy Feaser, Alexandra Zombro and Alyssa Munns recorded RBI's.
- Krista Feaser and Allie Zombro were active on the base paths combining for five steals.
Penn State Mont Alto 2, Christendom 1 (F)
- The game was called because of showers and lightning in the bottom of the fifth inning with the Lions up 2-1.
- Penn State Mont Alto out-hit the visitors 8-1 as Cassidy Feaser fanned six Crusaders and was credited with the win.
- The Lions opened the scoring in the first inning when Krista Feaser came around to score after she doubled to open the inning, stole second and scored on an error by the Christendom catcher.
- The eventual winning run was scored in the bottom of the third inning. Krista Feaser singled, stole second and third base and scored on an Alyssa Munns single through the left side of the infield.
The Lions return to action on Tuesday, April 25 with a doubleheader at Penn State New Kensington. Game times are slated for 2 p.m. and 4 p.m.