MONT ALTO, Pa. – The Penn State Mont Alto softball team fell to PSU Beaver in the first game of Tuesday's home doubleheader, but the Nittany Lion offense was on fire in the nightcap putting up 11 runs on 12 hits for the Penn State University Athletic Conference split.
Penn State Beaver 10, Penn State Mont Alto 2 (F- 5 innings)
- Beaver jumped out to a 4-0 lead in the top of the second inning with the team combining for five hits.
- Mont Alto scored both of its runs in the bottom of the third inning. Tabetha McIe (Baltimore, Md. / Patapsco) earned a one-out walk and scored on a Brooklyn Wagner (Newville, Pa. / Big Spring) triple to left center field. Wagner scored a batter later when Abbey Ebersole (Waynesboro, Pa. / Waynesboro Area) shot a single right back up the middle.
- PSU Beaver scored an unearned run in the top of the fourth inning on a Dina Cable fly out.
- Beaver broke the game wide open in the fifth with Brenna Cepull getting things going with an RBI single. Beaver ended up scoring five runs within the inning.
- Beaver out-hit Mont Alto by a 13-6 margin
- Cassidy Feaser (Shippensburg, Pa. / Faith Tabernacle) went 2-for-2
- Feaser (2-3) took the loss in the pitching circle giving up four earned runs on five hits.
Penn State Mont Alto 11, Penn State Beaver 1 (F- 5 innings)
- Mont Alto snapped a five-game losing streak as the Nittany Lions came out swinging.
- PSUMA scored five runs on six hits within the bottom of the first inning. Krista Feaser (Shippensburg, Pa. / Faith Tabernacle) doubled home Sam Updegraff (Etters, Pa. / Red Land). Tabetha McIe (Baltimore, Md. / Patapsco) and Helyana Stanko (Biglerville, Pa. / Biglerville) joined the hit parade with RBI singles as Dara Murray (Greencastle, Pa. / Greencastle Antrim) finished things off with a bases clearing 2-RBI double.
- The home team would erupt again in the bottom of the fourth inning scoring six runs on five hits and were aided by two fielding erros.
- Stanko, Ebersole, and Wagner each earned RBIs within the inning as Sidney Binner also plated home a run on a throwing error.
- Mont Alto out-hit Beaver by a 12-6 margin with Mackenzie Brymesser (Newville, Pa. / Big Spring) earned the win within the circle.
The teams will square off again and complete its four game series on Wednesday, April 11. Game times at Beaver are slated for 2 p.m. and 4 p.m.