LEMONT FURNACE, Pa. – The Penn State Mont Alto softball team fell in both ends of a doubleheader to PSU Fayette in Penn State University Athletic Conference play, 11-3 and 5-1.
Penn State Fayette 11, Penn State Mont Alto 3 (F – 6 innings)
- Fayette opened the scoring plating home a pair in the top of the first and doubled its lead an inning later to go up 4-0.
- Krista Feaser (Shippensburg, Pa. / Faith Tabernacle) continued to swing a hot bat going 2-for-3 at the dish and scored a pair of runs for PSUMA.
- Samantha Updegraff (Etters, Pa. / Red Land) had a pair of RBIs and had three singles in the loss.
- Fayette put the game out of reach with a five run fifth inning.
- Cassidy Feaser (Shippensburg, Pa. / Faith Tabernacle) took the loss giving up eight earned runs. The senior helped out her own cause with an RBI single in the fourth inning.
Penn State Fayette 5, Penn State Mont Alto 1 (F)
- Sydney Binner (Port St. Lucie, Fla. / St. Lucie West Centennial) gave PSUMA the 1-0 lead when she scored in the bottom of the first.
- Fayette answered with a pair in the top of the second, scored another run in the third and made it 5-1 when they scored two more in sixth frame.
- Mont Alto managed seven hits in the loss, but left seven runners on base.
- With the series win, PSU Fayette improved to 18-12 overall and 14-4 in the PSUAC West. Mont Alto dropped to 10-10 overall and 8-10 in conference play.
Mont Alto is slated to conclude conference action with a road doubleheader against Penn State New Kensington on Tuesday, April 24. Game times are slated for 2 p.m. and 4 p.m.