MONT ALTO, Pa. – The Penn State Mont Alto women's basketball played evenly for most of the afternoon with visiting Penn State Scranton, but an 11-2 run to end the third quarter was enough for the visitors to claim a 73-64 win.
Inside the Box Score
- Penn State Scranton shot 48.3 percent from the field to claim its first PSUAC win of the season.
- Charity Miller (Greencastle, Pa. / James Buchanan) finished with a team-high 23 points with Karley Coleman (Hanover, Pa. / Delone Catholic) and Rebekah Adams (York, Pa. / Central York) also finishing in double figures.
- Coleman scored 11 and added six assists and five rebounds. Adams battled foul trouble in the second half but still went 5-of-7 from the field for 10 points.
How it Happened
- Charity Miller (Greencastle, Pa. / James Buchanan) had 16 points in the first half to spark the Mont Alto offense with both teams trading buckets throughout the first two quarters.
- Penn State Scranton took a 31-30 lead into halftime
- Mont Alto took a timeout with just over three minutes left and PSU Scranton rattled an 11-2 run to end the quarter. The visitors lead 57-46.
- Mont Alto went on an 8-2 run to cut the fourth quarter deficit to 54-67, which forced a Scranton timeout.
- Jenna Pacella had a strong second half for Scranton scoring 16 of her 18 within the stanza. She had the pivotal steal and fast break layup with 1:55 remaining that took the wind out of PSUMA's sails.
Mont Alto return to action on Tuesday, February 6 in a road matchup with PSU Lehigh Valley. Game time is slated for 6 p.m.