McKEESPORT, Pa. – The Penn State Mont Alto women's basketball team dropped a conference matchup tonight to Penn State Greater Allegheny by a final score of 79-55. The road loss dropped PSUMA to 1-6 overall and 0-3 in the PSUAC.
Inside the Box Score
- Mariah Martin (Shippensburg, Pa. / Shippensburg) scored a season-high 20 points and has scored in double figures in two-straight games. The freshman forward also finished with seven rebounds. She hit six-of-nine shots from the field and earned five points from the charity stripe.
- Jazmin Walker (Hanover, Pa. / Southwestern) was the next best scorer for PSUMA with nine points. She also tallied four rebounds, which included two offensive boards.
- Madison Bishop (Newville, Pa. / Big Spring) provided a spark off the Mont Alto bench with nine points.
- Greater Allegheny shot 44.2 percent from the field and connected on 7-of-20 attempts from downtown.
How it Happened
- The first quarter was tight as both team's felt each other out. PSUGA started the game on a 6-0 run, but Mont Alto responded with a 13-5 run to close the half that was capped off by a Martin jump shot.
- Both team's defensive intensity picked up in the second half, but a 10-0 run midway through the quarter put them up 30-17. PSUMA was held to just six points within the period and went into the halftime break trailing 41-19.
- Mont Alto found its most success of the game coming out of the break trading buckets with Greater Allegheny as Kara Newell (Shippensburg, Pa. / Shippensburg) and Rebekah Adams (York, Pa. / Central York) both connected on jumpers.
- PSUGA closed out the game scoring 21 fourth quarter points.
Penn State Mont Alto will return to their home court on Friday in a conference matchup with Penn State Beaver with tip-off scheduled for 6 p.m.