DuBOIS, Pa. – The Penn State Mont Alto women's basketball team dropped an 80-59 final at PSU DuBois in a conference matchup on Wednesday evening.
Inside the Box Score
- Madison Bishop (Newville, Pa. / Big Spring) scored a career-high 19 points on 7-of-14 shooting from the field. The freshman guard added three boards.
- Sophomore guard Julianne Noveras (Gaithersburg, Md. / Gaithersburg) and forward Mariah Martin (Shippensburg, Pa. / Shippensburg) also scored in double figures for PSUMA with 15 points and 11 points apiece.
- Penn State DuBois held a 42-29 advantage in rebounds and they turned it into 18-second chance points.
- DuBois was led in scoring by Hope Bridge with the forward notching 19 points. Morgan Silvis came off the bench to add 14 points in 21 minutes.
How it Happened
- Mont Alto traded baskets in the opening minutes of the first quarter as the vistors gained their first lead of the game at 11-9 after a Julianne Noveras (Gaithersburg, Md. / Gaithersburg) 3-pointer.
- DuBois went on a 5-0 run before Mont Alto closed the deficit to retake the lead with 2:35 left in the opening stanza after a Bishop jumper in the paint, which made it 13-12.
- The homestanding Lions took a 16-14 lead into the second quarter. DuBois held the momentum for the majority of the period as it outscored PSUMA 23-10.
- Mont Alto went into the halftime break trailing 39-24.
- Penn State DuBois opened up their largest lead of the game at 26 points with 1:01 left in the third after Makenzie Lukehart hit the front end of her free throws.
- Mont Alto had arguably its most productive quarter of the matchup in the fourth, scoring 18 points on 38 percent from the field. Bishop scored nine of her respective 19 points within the final quarter.
Penn State Mont Alto (3-7) return to their friendly confines of the Multipurpose Activities Center when it hosts Maine of Fort Kent on Friday, January 11 in a non-conference game at 7 p.m.