MONT ALTO, Pa. – The Penn State Mont Alto women's basketball team lost a home non-conference matchup with the University of Maine at Fort Kent (14-3) on Friday evening by an 81-31 final.
Inside the Box Score
- Freshman guard Madison Bishop (Newville, Pa. / Big Spring) scored in double figures for the third-straight game for Mont Alto and led the Nittany Lions with 13 points. Bishop shot 60% percent from 3-point range.
- Meagan Smith (Littlestown, Pa. / Littlestown) grabbed six rebounds in 18 minutes off of the bench.
- The Bengals finished with four different players in double figures with Tajaheray McMahan leading all scorers with 19 points. Trinity Washington and Ivette Trujillo recorded double-doubles and Micyela Hernandez chipped in 10 points off of the UMFK bench.
How it Happened
- Mont Alto (3-9) raced out to a 9-5 lead after a Meagan Smith (Littlestown, Pa. / Littlestown) layup that was assisted by Kyah Rucker (Harrisburg, Pa. / Susquehanna Township) at the 5:37 mark in the first quarter. Maine at Fort Kent would battle and lead 17-12 by the end of the quarter.
- UMFK turned up its pressure defense in the second quarter and the Lions allowed the opposing backcourt of Tajaheray McMahan and Trinity Washington 18 combined points with the Bengals taking a 38-16 lead into halftime.
- The full court pressure continued into the second half as Mont Alto only managed 16 points. The Bengals forced PSUMA into a season-high 32 turnovers, overall.
Penn State Mont Alto returns to conference action when Penn State Greater visit town on Tuesday, January 15. Tip-off is slated for 6 p.m.