MEDIA, Pa. – The Penn State Mont Alto women's soccer team hit the road for a Pennsylvania State University Athletic Conference matchup on Sunday with Brandywine. Mont Alto (1-4, 1-2 PSUAC) fell to Penn State Brandywine (3-3, 3-0 PSUAC) by a 5-0 score.
Inside the Box Score
- Brandywine held a 33-3 advantage in shots as well as a 6-0 edge in corner kicks.
- The homestanding Lions recorded 17 shots on goal. PSUMA goalkeeper Angel Schoonover (Woodhull, N. Y. / Jasper-Troupsburg) finished with a season-high 12 saves.
- Kara Newell (Shippensburg, Pa. / Shippensburg) recorded all three shot attempts for Mont Alto. She forced Brandywine's goalkeeper Emily Bush into a sprawling save in the 35th minute.
How it Happened
- The Mont Alto offense tried to get going early, but was thwarted by Brandywine who netted a pair of long strikes from outside the box in the first half.
- Brandywine added to it's lead with a free kick goal from Arianna Segich and Emly Jefferson slotted the ball past Schoonover in the 71st minute. They finished off the scoring in the 82nd minute for the 5-0 final.
Mont Alto returns to action on Thursday at 4:30 p.m. with a road match against Trinity Washington.