The Department of Athletics at Penn State Mont Alto provides the opportunity to participate in intramural sports, recreational activities, and structured tournaments. Intramurals offer students, faculty and staff opportunities to learn new skills and remain physically active.
Penn State Mont Alto's intramural activities are competitive, yet the elements of fun and recreation are prominent. All students are encouraged to become involved in intramurals either as participants or as officials. Flyers for each activity are posted in the MAC, The Mill, and in the residence halls. Students who have formed a team or those who wish to be placed on a team should sign up on the bulletin board in the MAC or contact Frank Maira at firstname.lastname@example.org or 717-749-6173.
Current activities being offered:
IM 3 on 3 Basketball (Fall 2017)
IM Indoor Soccer (Winter 2017-18)
IM Co-Ed Volleyball (Spring 2018)
Ping Pong Tournament
Co-Ed Sand Volleyball Tournament
Home Run Derby
- All Penn State Mont Alto students, faculty and staff are eligible to participate in activities sponsored by the Intramural Program.
- A team representative must attend the mandatory captain's meeting for the respective sport to participate. The captain's meeting will cover the rules of play, schedule, procedures and expected conduct. Dates for the captains meetings are published on the intramural website and campus sign boards.
- Good sportsmanship is expected at all times. Those that do not adhere to the guidelines will be barred from further participation in that sport or activity and may be banned for the remainder of the academic year.
- Each participant is required to present a valid Penn State Mont Alto ID prior to the start of each Intramural event.
- Teams that accumulate two or more forfeits during the regular season will be removed from the league.
- Intramural sports typically consist of round-robin regular season with the top teams advancing to a single elimination playoff or tournament bracket. Tie breaking procedures will be discussed at captain's meetings.
- Students are only allowed to play for one team in each sport.
- Varsity athletes who are in season are prohibited from participation in an intramural league of the same sport if it coincides with their current sport season. Varsity basketball athletes who played during the fall semester are also prohibited from playing in the spring intramural basketball league.