MONT ALTO, Pa. – The Penn State Mont Alto men's soccer team kicked off it's conference slate at home on Wednesday evening, but PSU Beaver dampened the Lions' spirits by handing them a 5-0 loss.
Inside the Box Score
- Penn State Beaver peppered the net all evening long finishing with 25 shots. They also held the 8-2 advantage in corner kicks.
- The visitors used a balanced scoring attack with five different goal scorers.
- Austin Moore (Brockway, Pa. / Brockway Area) had another strong game in goal with seven saves.
How it Happened
- PSU Beaver netted the first goal of the match on a shot from Darrion Gilmore that was netted off of a corner kick in the 5th minute. Mont Alto nearly clawed a goal back in the 31st minute, but Marc Stafford's (Carlisle, Pa. / Boiling Springs) shot sliced just left of the post.
- The visitors added a pair of goals that were just under five-minutes apart to end the second half up, 3-0.
- Beaver put the game out of reach with a pair of second half insurance goals.
- Mont Alto played much better in the second half tallying six shots. Drew Faust (Chambersburg, Pa. / Chambersburg Area) nearly scored in the 89th minute from over 35-yards out, but his shot sailed just over the crossbar.
The Penn State Mont Alto men's soccer team hosts PSU York on Sunday, September 23 at 2 p.m.