MEDIA, Pa.- The Penn State Mont Alto men's soccer team saw sophomore Bryce Palamar (Smithsburg, Md. / Williamsport) score a brace in regulation and Joao Pedro (Sorocaba, Brazil / Colegio Uirapuru) scored the game-winner in the 98th minute for the 3-2 win over Williamson College of the Trades on Monday.
Inside the Box Score
- Mont Alto is off to a 4-1 start and the team has won two-straight in overtime periods.
- Williamson held a 19-16 advantage in shots but Mont Alto was equally efficient as both teams placed 11 on target.
- Sophomore Austin Moore (Brockway, Pa. / Brockway Area) recorded eight saves in the win.
How it Happened
- Both teams traded possession with Williamson the more threatening team within the first half. The home team scored a goal within the period with a Patrick Kiely effort that was assisted by William Tilley.
- The Nittany Lions mounted their comeback in the second half on the back of Palamar's brace with first goal occurring in the 54th minute. He took on a shot from 40-yards out that trickled into the back of the net.
- The sophomore scored again minutes later as he made another nice individual effort down the left side and his shot bested Williamson keeper Jeffery DiEgidio.
- Patrick Kiely scored his second of the evening in the 64th minute when he redirected a shot off of a free kick.
- The teams played to the 2-2 tie through regulation. In the 98th minute, Joao Pedro (Sorocaba, Brazil / Colegio Uirapuru) earned a defensive turnover, eluded his defender with a deke before bending the ball into the back of the net.
The Nittany Lions look to stay when hot when they kick-off their conference slate with a home match on Saturday, September 14 against PSU Wilkes-Barre. Game time is slated for 2 p.m.