MONT ALTO, Pa. – The Penn State Mont Alto men's soccer returned to its winning ways on Monday afternoon with solid performances all over the pitch on the way to a 4-1 victory over Patrick Henry College.
Inside the Box Score
- The four goals scored was the most for Mont Alto since its other win over Patrick Henry, which occurred on Sept. 19 by the exact same 4-1 score on the road.
- PSUMA outshot the visitors by a 17-13 margin and the Nittany Lions had four different goal scorers.
- Adrian Casey (Duncannon, Pa. / Susquenita) finished with a match-best three points as he scored the opening goal and assisted on another via a corner kick.
How it Happened
- After dominating possession and creating a few early chances, Mont Alto got on the board first when Adrian Casey (Duncannon, Pa. / Susquenita) found the back of the net for his first goal of the season. It was a nice find from Bryce Palamar (Smithsburg, Md. / Williamsport) who earned the assist at the 23:18 mark of the first half.
- Freshman Alex Call (Waynesboro, Pa. / Waynesboro Area) netted his first collegiate goal slamming in a Josiah Chapman (Harrisburg, Pa.) rebound. The Nittany Lions took the 2-0 lead into the halftime break.
- Mont Alto scored its next goal when Trenton Shetler (Waynesboro, Pa. / Waynesboro Area) slotted the ball past the opposing keeper on the Casey corner kick.
- Fellow newcomer Carter Felker (Spring Mills, Pa. / Penns Valley) was the final goal scorer converting on his third of the season on an assist from Scott Stanko Jr. (Biglerville, Pa. / Biglerville). Shortly after the Felker effort, Patrick Henry broke up the shutout on a goal from Ben Purnell.
Up next, Mont Alto (8-7-1) will celebrate Senior Day prior to the kick-off of their conference matchup with PSU Greater Allegheny. Game time is slated for 4 p.m.