MONT ALTO, Pa. - The Penn State Mont Alto men's soccer program celebrated Senior Day on Wednesday with a 3-0 win over PSU Greater Allegheny. The rain subsided just in time for the pregame ceremony where PSUMA honored Adrian Casey (Duncannon, Pa. / Susquenita) and Austin Towner (Littlestown, Pa. / Littlestown) for their contributions to the team over the years.
Inside the Box Score
- Mont Alto clinched its PSUAC Playoff berth with their first conference victory since Sept. 25.
- PSUMA outshot the visitors by a 39-2 margin with the visiting Lions managing a shot in each half.
- Carter Felker (Spring Mills, Pa. / Penns Valley) scored his fourth and fifth goals of the season and has registered a goal in back-to-back games.
- Austin Moore (Brockway, Pa. / Brockway Area) and Jaylen Johnson (Philipsburg, Pa. / Philipsburg-Osceola) shared time in goal for the Nittany Lions combining for the shutout.
How it Happened
- Greater Allegheny was a bit shorthanded and it proved to be an advantage for Mont Alto as it allowed them to camp in the offensive third of the field.
- On a slippery pitch, PSUMA found it difficult early on to place a shot on target until finding their breakthrough in the 23rd minute. River Terry (Huntingdon, Pa. / Huntingdon Area) sent a through ball that was finished off by Carter Felker (Spring Mills, Pa. / Penns Valley). That exact combination proved lethal putting Mont Alto up 2-0 in the 44th minute.
- Joao Pedro (Sorocaba, Brazil / Colegio Uirapuru) scored on a clever individual move and slotted the ball past the opposing keeper in the 47th minute. The freshman nearly completed a spectacular bicycle effort minutes later, but the shot sailed wide of the post.
Mont Alto (9-7-1, 3-4-1 PSUAC) concludes its regular season with a road trip to Penn State Hazelton on Saturday. Game time is slated for 3 p.m.