MONT ALTO, Pa. – The Penn State Mont Alto women's basketball team dropped a 60-43 decision to visiting Central Penn in a non-conference affair on Tuesday evening.
Inside the Box Score
- Senior Karley Coleman (Hanover, Pa. / Delone Catholic) scored a team-high 16 points and shot 3-of-8 from downtown.
- Both Madison Bishop (Newville, Pa. / Big Spring) and Kara Newell (Shippensburg, Pa. / Shippensburg) came off the bench and stuffed the stat sheet for the Nittany Lions. Bishop tallied 11 points and corralled seven boards in 19 minutes. Newell finished with seven points, seven steals, four rebounds and three assists.
- Mont Alto was held to 25.9 percent shooting from the floor.
- PSUMA's defense forced 30 turnovers by the Knights.
- Ja'Lynn Burton-Jones scored a game-high 36 points for Central Penn.
How it Happened
- Central Penn opened on a 6-0 run and later built a 13-5 lead after Michaela Sensenig connected one the backend of her free throw attempts. The Lions locked down on defense and forced several turnovers to cut the deficit to just five at 15-10.
- Both teams were sloppy with the ball in the second quarter with a combined 16 turnovers as Central Penn took a 27-20 lead into the halftime break.
- Central Penn shot 7-of-14 in the third quarter to stretch the lead to 43-30 entering the final quarter.
- The Nittany Lions weren't able to string together enough stops on the defensive end of the floor to chip away at the lead as Central Penn stretched its lead to 17 points by game's end.
Mont Alto opens Penn State University Athletic Conference play on Friday, November 30 in a road matchup with PSU Brandywine. Tipoff is slated for 6 p.m.