ALLENTOWN, Pa. – The Penn State Mont Alto women's basketball displayed a no quit attitude for all 40 minutes, but fell to Penn State Lehigh Valley in road contest by a 78-44 score on Saturday. PSU Lehigh Valley improved to 5-2 overall and PSUMA dropped to 1-4 overall.
Inside the Box Score
- Mariah Martin (Shippensburg, Pa. / Shippensburg Area) earned her first career double-double with 12 points and 12 boards. Martin grabbed six offensive rebounds and did most of her damage at the free throw line with six points at the line.
- Mont Alto was cold from the field shooting 24.1 percent and the team only connected on 2-of-7 shots from three-point range. Kyah Rucker (Harrisburg, Pa. / Susquehanna Township) netted both of Mont Alto's shots from downtown as the freshman guard finished with eight points, three boards and two steals.
- The Nittany Lions collected 46 rebounds overall as both Karley Coleman (Hanover, Pa. / Delone Catholic) and Madison Bishop (Newville, Pa. / Big Spring) finished with five boards each.
- The guard and forward combo of Ebony Sanders and Kion Andrews who combined to score 39 points paced Penn State Lehigh Valley. Sanders finished with a double-double with 11 rebounds.
How it Happened
- PSU Lehigh Valley would start the first five minutes of the game on a 9-2 run that featured several points from the charity stripe.
- Lehigh Valley led from start to finish but Mont Alto played tough defense forcing 18 turnovers. PSUMA was able to score eight points off their mistakes.
- Mont Alto was unable to get into much of a rhythm on the offensive end of the floor due to committing a season-high 34 turnovers, to go with cold shooting night from the field.
Penn State Mont Alto will conclude it's three-game road stretch on Wednesday, December 5 against Penn State Greater Allegheny. Tip-off is slated for 6 p.m.