MONT ALTO, Pa. – The Penn State Mont Alto women's soccer team was unable to hold onto its brief 1-0 lead on Saturday with FCC earning the comeback win in a 4-1 fashion. The loss dropped PSUMA to 1-2 on the season.
How it Happened
- The lone goal of the game for the Nittany Lions was scored on their only recorded shot and it was a beautiful effort off the right foot of Greyson McKnight (Sterling, Va. / Potomac Falls). The freshman took the free kick and curled it into the upper left-hand corner of the net at the 31:56 mark.
- The 1-0 lead was short-lived with the Cougars earning the equalizer five minutes later when Lindsey Brant bested Mont Alto's keeper Jesime Freet (Carlisle, Pa. / Carlisle) as the goal was assisted by Nicole Goday. Both teams went into the halftime break tied 1-1.
- It was mostly all FCC in the second half with the Cougars dominating possession within Mont Alto's half of the field. Ally Pick scored in the 52nd minute and shortly after Lindsey Brant scored an individual goal that was placed into the right corner of the net after being shot across her body.
- FCC made it 4-1 in the 64th minute when Pick assisted teammate Gemma Cariotti.
Inside the Box Score
- Sophomore Jesime Freet (Carlisle, Pa. / Carlisle) was tested all afternoon especially in the second half and she collected a career-high 13 saves.
- FCC had all six corner kick opportunities, with four occurring in the first half.
- The Cougars out-shot Mont Alto 38-1 overall and 21-0 in the second half.
Mont Alto returns to action on Wednesday, September 11 with an away match at Christendom College. Kickoff is slated for 4:30 p.m.