NEW KENSINGTON, Pa. – The Penn State Mont Alto volleyball team picked up their sixth conference win of the season on Monday evening, in a dominating 3-0 win over PSU New Kensington. The squad improves to 15-4 and 6-1 within the PSUAC.
Inside the Box Score
- The Nittany Lions finished the night hitting a solid .145%. No player finished with double digit kills numbers as the team accounted for 28 kills on 110 total attacks.
- Alyssa Roberts (Newville, Pa. / Big Spring) contributed 13 assists and Katie Muse (Hagerstown, Md. / Boonsboro) chipped in another nine.
- Janet Surma contributed 20 digs for New Kensington (3-9, 0-6 PSUAC) along with five service aces. Kaylea Flick finished with a match-high 13 kills.
- PSUMA currently sit tied for first amongst the PSUAC West Schools with Penn State Fayette and Mont Alto holding the exact same conference record with five more regular season PSUAC matches.
How it Happened
- All three sets were competitive especially towards the beginning of each, but Mont Alto was able to string momentum together and built leads with the sets progressing. The first and second sets both ended as 25-17 with PSUMA earning the sweep at 25-12.
- PSUMA spoiled New Kensington's home opener as the school debuted a new gym floor on Tuesday evening.
- The strongest performance coming from Mont Alto on the evening was from Kylee Gooding (Warriors Mark, Pa. / Tyrone Area) who racked up 20 digs, a pair of aces and finished with nine kills.
PSUAC play continues later this week when Mont Alto travels to Penn State Greater Allegheny on Saturday, October 5.